Ride with George Hincapie - Grand Marshal, Gran Fondo NJ
After 19 years as a professional cyclist and a record 17 Tour de France races, George recently retired from professional cycling. Hincapie Sportswear will be producing our event jersey for 2013 and George will be coming up to New Jersey to ride Gran Fondo NJ 2013 as our Grand Marshal. Here is what George has to say about Gran Fondo NJ "My love for cycling began in this part of the country. As a junior, I did my first races in the New York and New Jersey area. It's great to see the sport I love thriving and growing here. I'm looking forward to getting the chance to ride once again on some of the New Jersey roads that shaped my career as a professional cyclist." We are very excited to have him here this year, and think he'll find our routes every bit as challenging and beautiful as the ones in Gran Fondo Hincapie in SC.
- We have added bib shorts and specific women's sizing to our Cycling clothing line, and featuring high tech Hincapie Sportswear jerseys and shorts. You can preview the designs in our store window
- In response to our 2012 rider survey, the 2013 KoM and QoM will now be awarded by age category.
- Our ever popular Mass Start will be split into Gran, Medio and Piccolo/Breve departures.
- We will be going to an "electronic waiver" for Gran Fondo NJ 2013 - this should make for more efficient packet pick up, and aligns with our sustainability initiatives.
- The popular Kid's Fondo will be back (September 7th) bigger and better than ever.
What's coming up for Gran Fondo NJ?
Come and ride one of our Four Fantastic Routes
Training Routes for Gran Fondo NJ 2013 can be found below. Downloading them to your GPS device is easy! Just click on the route you want and follow the directions on the RideWithGPS website.
Giving back to your Community.
One of the missions of Gran Fondo NJ is "giving back to our community". In our first two years we and our fundraising participants have raised over $250,000 in funds going directly to charitable organizations. These organizations use Gran Fondo NJ as a means to both raise awareness for their causes, and to generate much needed funds. If you fundraise, you may find it very motivating as you slug out the last 20 miles of the ride to know that you are doing so for a cause. Please check out our four beneficiaries, or fundraise for one of your own.