A Celebration of Cycling
Gran Fondo NJ is back for its fourth year. We offer challenges to cyclists of all abilities, from our 107 mile Gran Fondo route with more climbing than you could ask for (and great rest stops too) to our 18 Mile Breve route. Our goal is for you to have fun, be challenged, and never have to look at a cue sheet during your ride. Each of our 6 rest stops is stocked with the usual fare you would expect on a challenging ride, and featured treats that will surprise you. With timing only on the hill climbs, we offer a serious athletic challenge for our competitive participants, with the ability to wait at the tops of the climbs for others in your group without worrying about "losing time".
A surprise to many, Gran Fondo NJ offers some of the most beautiful and challenging cycling terrain in the east. Our 62-mile Medio route was named by the editors of Bicycling Magazine to their list of "The 50 Best Rides in America."
- In 2012 we were one of, if not the first Gran Fondo in North America to introduce the "Breve" length, opening up the Gran Fondo experience to all levels of cyclists.
- We introduced a "Team Category" in which you not only get a discount for riding as part of a Team, but the Team Captain can ride the event for free depending on the size of the team registered.
- This year we are adding a Women's Team Category in the QoM competitions.
- We have been managing our event on the principles of sustainability and in 2014, are the first Gran Fondo in North America to apply for certification of the event through the Council for Responsible Sport.
- The popular Kid's Fondo will be back (September 6th) bigger and better than ever.
Gran Fondo NJ continues to lead the way in introducing innovations to improve the Gran Fondo experience for cyclists of all abilities.
Come and ride one of our Four Fantastic Routes
Training Routes for Gran Fondo NJ 2013 can be found below. Downloading them to your GPS device is easy! Just click on the route you want and follow the directions on the RideWithGPS website.
Giving back to your Community.
One of the missions of Gran Fondo NJ is "giving back to our community". In its first the event has raised over $400,000 in funds going directly to charitable organizations. These organizations use Gran Fondo NJ as a means to both raise awareness for their causes, and to generate much needed funds. If you fundraise, you may find it very motivating as you slug out the last 20 miles of the ride to know that you are doing so for a cause. Please check out our four beneficiaries, or fundraise for one of your own.